You will need a dehydrator for this recipe. The nice thing about those cookies is that they will last for a long time. So it’s great for camping, bike rides…
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
- 6 Apples, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- 2 cup of ground almonds
- 1 cup of dry shredded coconut
- ½ cup of almond flour
- Mix everything in a large bowl.
- Place the dehydrator trays on a flat surface, I sued about 4 trays for this recipe. I leave enough distance between them so dehydrate faster.
- Using a 2" ice cream scoop to scoop as many cookies you can make as possible. Then flat them out with your fingers.
- Put the trays back into the dehydrator at the highest temperature for an hour then reduce to 115 degrees F for 8 to 10 hours. I have an excalibur and I usually turn the trays around mid way. You can continue to dehydrate for a few more hours but depending on how you like them you can stop whenever you want. I like them when they are still chewy.