Theses are the BEST bars ever, my husband who doesn’t even like bananas can eat the whole tray by himself.
Banana and Chocolate Chip Bars
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
Recipe type: paleo
- 2 ripe bananas
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup of roasted pecans, chopped
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 325 degrees F with convection
- Grease an 7x11 or 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Roast the pecans in the oven for 5 minutes. Let them cool down for 3-4 minutes then chopped them.
- Puree the bananas, egg, maple syrup and melted butter or coconut oil melted using a hand blender in a large bowl.
- Once you get it all pureed add the rest of the ingredients using spatula until well combined.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.