Chocolate Almond Truffle Squares
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 16 squares
- For the Base Layer
- 1 cup chopped almond sliver (could be roasted)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- For the Fudgy Chocolate Truffle Layer
- ½ cup almond nut butter (I used Justin’s maple almond butter)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ to ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut fat
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Crunchy top
- 1 tbsp of cacao nibbles
- To make the base layer, place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a spoon until it’s combined. Transfer to a saran-wrap-lined pyrex loaf dish glass. Place in the fridge/freezer while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, place all the ingredients in a bowl and warm it up in the microwave for a few seconds, then stir well when everything’s melted to form a smooth, dark mixture. Taste and add more maple syrup if necessary. Remove the base layer from the fridge, then pour the filling over the base and smooth over with a spatula.
- To create the crunchy layer, sprinkle cacao nibbles. Finally, transfer the container to the fridge and let firm up for at least 1 hour.
- Using the scram-wrap, remove from the container. With a sharp knife, cut into sixteen small squares. Serve immediately or place in an airtight container and store in the fridge until you’re ready to eat them – they melt fast! Enjoy!