GF Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
- For the Cupcakes
- 1⅓ cups gf flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Make the Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners; set aside (it will make about 10)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves; set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter until fluffy then add the sugar, then the pumpkin, then the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour mixture in two additions, folding with a rubber spatula until no flour pockets remain.
- Divide the batter between the baking cups, filling each about two-thirds full.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
- Make the Frosting
- With an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cream cheese, vanilla and continue to beat for an additional 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the powdered sugar gradually and mix until smooth and combined, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Increase the mixer speed to medium-high and beat until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Frost the tops of the cupcakes however you like.