I love theses bars, they are easy to make and they fill you up. Perfect when you don’t have much time in the morning before a yoga class or an afternoon snack!
Granola Chia Bars
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup walnut, chopped
- 3 cups of gluten free quick oats
- ½ cup millet
- ½ cup buckwheat flour (you can also use arrowroot flour)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the chia seed and the water and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In the mean time, mix the oats, walnut, millet and buckwheat in a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix the chia seed mix, the maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla in a small bowl once there's no more lumps add the wet mix to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Poor the mixture in a grease 8" square pyrex container.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve right away.