I’m in love with Winking Girl Green Enchilada Skillet Sauce, I also love meatballs so I decided to combine both of them together!
Mexican Meatballs with Winking Girl Skillet Sauce
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and chopped finely
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 zucchini, shredded
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seal salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 pouch Winking Girl! Foods Green Enchilada Skillet Sauce
- 1 can coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a medium size skillet on medium heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is warm up add the onion, garlic and jalapeño. Saute for a few minutes until the onions are translucide.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let it cool down.
- Using a cast iron skillet or oven safe saucepan poor the pouch and the coconut milk and bring it to medium to high heat, when it starts to boil reduce the temperature and let it simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Adjust the taste with salt if needed.
- Once the onion mixture is cooled down, add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and use your hands to combine until everything is evenly distributed.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a teaspoon of olive oil. Use a 2" ice cream scoop to scoop out meatballs then shape in hands. Once the skillet is hot, add the meatballs to the pan and brown on all sides. Once browned, transfer to the cast iron skillet where the sauce is simmering.
- Cover and place the saucepan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Serve warm with cauliflower rice.