I love this sauce, you can also use it for a dip.
Raw Pad Thai
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
Serves: 2-3 servings
- ¾ cup raw almond butter
- ½ cup fresh orange juice (2-3 oranges)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger or to taste
- 1 tablespoon tamari - gf soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon miso (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1-2 small red chili pepper deseeded (the small red thai ones)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne or to taste
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 zucchini
- 1 gold squash
- 2 carrots
- ½ package rice noodles, if you don't have problem with rice
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- Almonds, chopped
- Lime wedges
- Mung bean sprouts
- Red or yellow bell peppers, julienne
- Scallions, chopped
- For the sauce
- Use a high speed blender to mix the first 9 ingredients until smooth.
- Cut the chicken into strips and add a few tablespoon of the sauce to marinate the chicken, let it sit for a few minutes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, then add the chicken and cook until completely done.
- For the noodles:
- You can use a spiroli slicer, a mandolin or my favorite a julienne peeler (easiest one to use and fastest one to clean).
- Place the "noodles" on a plate, then the chicken, pour the sauce over the noodles and then add the toppings you want.