Paleo Carrot & Apple Muffin
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
Serves: 24 muffins
- 1 apple, cored and cut in big chunks
- 12 Dates Medjool, pitted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 whole raw carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 cup organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup of walnut chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F or 300F convection.
- In a large bowl, add the carrots, the coconut oil and the walnuts set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, add sifted coconut flour, almond flour, arrowroot, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda set aside.
- In a food processor, add the dates and the apple process until you have small pieces, add the maple syrup and the vanilla and process until it becomes well blended like a thick paste. Add the eggs and the dry ingredients and mix well but quickly.
- Poor over the carrot mixture and mix with a spatula
- Grease two muffin pans. Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 27 minutes, test center with a tooth pick.