My good friend Julie owns a food company called “Winking Girls! Foods”. She makes amazing Skillet Sauces and my favorite is the green enchilada. So this morning, I made a paleo version of the Chilaquiles Verdes and OMG it was amazing. Best breakfast ever!
The chilaquiles is usually made with tortilla chips or fried corn tortilla. I tried that for fun but it made the breakfast too heavy for me, I’m not super hungry in the morning but I need something that will last for a couple hours. So I tried it with roasted sweet potatoes and it was the best.
You can check out her website http://winkinggirl.com/products/skillet-sauces/ the skillet sauces are only available in the Rocky Mountain Region with Whole Foods and Sprouts but no worries if you don’t live here since you can buy them online on amazon. Just another excuse to go on Amazon!
- ½ pouch of Winking Girl! Foods Green Enchilada Skillet Sauce
- 3-4 slices of roasted sweet potatoes*
- 1 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of crumble queso fresco (omit if you are paleo or avoiding dairy)
- *I always have roasted sweet potatoes on hand, for this recipe I used a mandolin to slice them and them roasted them in the oven
- Place a pan over medium-high heat and pour in Winking Girl! Foods Green Enchilada Skillet Sauce. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer.
- Stir in the beaten egg. Cook and stir for about 5 seconds, until the egg feathers into the sauce, thickening and binding it. Immediately add the roasted sweet potatoes, tossing gently until the egg is cook.
- Transfer to a plate. Sprinkle with the queso fresco, chopped green onion, and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.