Paleo Shredded Chicken Spaghetti Squash Winking Girl Enchilada Sauce
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
- 1 large spaghetti squash, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoon of Bacon Fat or ghee or Olive oil
- 1 package of Winking Girl Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, plus more for garnish, optional
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Drizzle both cut sides of spaghetti squash halves with olive oil, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place cut side down on lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Once squash is done cooking. Use a fork to scrape up the insides of the squash. Transfer the threads to a large bowl.
- While the squash is baking, in a large skillet, add some bacon fat and the onions and cook until the onions are caramelized.
- Once the onions are cooked, add chicken, squash, green chiles, enchilada sauce, cilantro, and chile powder to the skillet.
- Mix well, adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.