Author: Elisabeth Michaels
Recipe type: Raw Paleo
- 2 C of Raspberries
- 12 soft Dates, stone removed (separated in 2 x 6)
- ½ C of Shredded Dry Coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 C of Walnut
- 1 C of Pecans
- 1 – 2 T of Maple Syrup
- ¼ t Celtic Sea Salt
- First make the Raspberry Jam.
- In a food processor mix 6 dates and the Raspberries. Once it has the consistency of a jam and there’s no more lumps of dates, transfer the content to a bowl and then place it in the fridge to make it thicker.
- For the Base
- In a food processor, mix the walnut, pecans and dates until it’s broken down in small pieces. Add the coconut and mix well but not too much (stop before the nuts release their oils and it starts building up at the bottom). Taste and add one tablespoon of syrup at a time (you might just need one or none at all).
- Put ¾ of the crust mix into an 8inch glass-baking dish or a normal plate and distribute evenly.
- To make individual servings you can use a plain round cutter that’s between 2” and 3”. My kids love to make their own and it looks really nice.
- Spread the raspberry jam evenly over the crust and sprinkle the remaining mix on top of the jam. You can eat right away but it might fall apart or chill for 2 hours.