Raw Chocolate Balls
I love snacking, it's probably my favorite thing. Here's what I have been munching on lately.
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
Recipe type: Paleo Raw Vegan
- 1 Cup of Almonds
- 1 Cup of Walnuts
- ¾ Cup of Dates, pitted (as fresh as possible)
- ½ Cup of Cacao Powder
- ¼ Cup of Cacao Nibs
- ¼ Cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp of Vanilla
- Pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- In a food processor mix the almonds, walnuts and dates until it becomes a coarse meal. Add the Cacao Powder, Nibs, Maple Syrup, Vanilla and Salt.
- Process until the mixture forms a rough dough that can easily hold together when pinched between your fingers.
- Roll into small (1- 1½ inch) balls. Roll the balls into dry shredded coconut or cacao powder. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- You can also add cinnamon, chili peppers, dry coconut, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds... this is just a base.