Love this recipe, you can make the cakes smaller and use them in sliders.
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
Serves: 6 salmon cakes
- Salmon Cakes
- 20 ounce salmon, boneless and skinless
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond flour separate in 2 (or breadcrumbs if you are not paleo)
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, plus wedges for serving
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Zest and juice of ½ lime (more if needed)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of wasabi paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- water if necessary to thin it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook the salmon, shred it
- Mix the salmon, egg, ½ cup of almond flour and 3 tablespoon of mayonnaise, cilantro, lemon zest and Old Bay in a bowl.
- Gently form into eight ¾-inch-thick patties and freeze until just firm, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the Sauce: mix all the ingredients under sauce and adjust the taste with salt and pepper, reserve
- Put the remaining ½ cup of almond flour (or gf breadcrumbs) in a shallow bowl. Press the salmon cakes in the almond flour to coat both sides. Heat the olive oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the salmon cakes and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the cakes are heated through, 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Serve with the sauce.