Spaghetti Pie Low FODMAP
Author: Elisabeth Michaels
Serves: 5 servings
- ½ spaghetti squash
- ½ lb of ground turkey
- 5 italien tomatoes, cut in small pieces
- 4 cups of baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke the squash with a knife 3-4 times and place in the microwave for 6 minutes (it will make it easier to cut the squash). Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin of the squash gives when you press on it. Then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in a bowl.
- Place a large fry pan over medium heat. Add ground turkey and cook until pink no longer remains and it is broken up into pieces. Transfer to the bowl with the spaghetti squash.
- Using the same pan, add a tablespoon of fat and saute the spinach for 2 to 3 minutes, transfer to the bowl.
- Place the tomatoes in a small sauce pan and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, then by using a hand blender blend the tomatoes until it becomes a puree.
- Add the salt and pepper and mix well.
- Lastly, add whisked eggs to the bowl and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Put everything in a 8×8 greased baking dish.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press on it in the middle of the dish.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.